changing broadband provider

For issues relating to the site, including technical problems.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here, thank you. This forum is for problems you may be having with the site itself.
kathlyn

changing broadband provider

#1 Post by kathlyn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:18 pm

My laptop is about to give up (that's why I'm not staying logged on very long at the moment) and within the next week or two I'll replace it. About the same time our broadband is due for renewal and we are going for another provider. How do I register my new details on here when the time comes?
We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!

SparkOut
International Man of Mystery

Re: changing broadband provider

#2 Post by SparkOut » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am

sign yourself up with an ISP independent email service like gmail (mail.google.com) and you need never change it if you should ever want to switch internet providers again. You are never tied to using only the email addresses given to you by the ISP. There is nothing to stop you having 50 different addresses (except for where the ISP which provides an email address blocks access from clients not on their network - hence the suggestion to get an ISP independent email address).

kathlyn

Re: changing broadband provider

#3 Post by kathlyn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks Sparkout. Will do that. I just don't want to clog new laptop up with aol!
We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!