Can't get on forum - THREAD MOVED

For issues relating to the site, including technical problems.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here, thank you. This forum is for problems you may be having with the site itself.
giraffe
Twigi

Can't get on forum - THREAD MOVED

#1 Post by giraffe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I am here on the ancient desktop, as I hven't been able to get on the forum on my laptop since the maintenance at the weekend. This machine uses chrome and my laptop uses Internet explorer. I have tried everything I can think of to get back on and I just keep getting error messages, usually (but not always) telling me that it isn't available today.

I haven't had any trouble with any other website. Is anyone else here on Internet explorer? Can anyone email me a link that works?

giraffe
Twigi

Re: Can't get on forum

#2 Post by giraffe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Now on ancient desktop, on Internet explorer. Why doesn't it work on my laptop, when it did before the maintenance?

giraffe
Twigi

#3 Post by giraffe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Still not working on laptop. Could it be that whatever you did is not compatible with the version of windows or internet explorer, or something else that is on my laptop? Can someone email me with any ideas if there is something I need to do? Has anyone else gone missing since the weekend?

We are thinking of getting rid of this computer as it is so slow and ancient, so it isn't a long term answer to come on here.

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

#4 Post by LAT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 pm

I am on here using IE. But this laptop is pretty old. However I have also managed to get on at work but I've no idea how old that computer is and what version of IE it is using.

I'll try from my other laptop and see what happens. And I can email you the link I use in case that helps.

How frustrating for you!

giraffe
Twigi

#5 Post by giraffe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Thank you, your link works, but it doesn't work when I type the same into the bar.

Very odd!

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

#6 Post by LAT » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:06 am

It is odd. :?

Maybe if you delete your old link and use the one I sent it will work in future?
Could your old link be taking you to a cached version which is now tied into an unavailable address?

And before anyone says anything, no I am not entirely sure what I am talking about but I do vaguely remember having a similar issue once before and a colleague suggested I deleted my old 'favourite' and then tried to get in again - and then saved the new 'favourite'

Anyway, I hope the issue gets properly resolved for you.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#7 Post by Bunnylump » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 am

I've been having trouble getting on here since the maintenance the other night. It takes ages to get here and I often have to try several times. I'm using the same laptop and Google Chrome.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

giraffe
Twigi

#8 Post by giraffe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am

It told me to delete the dns cache. (No idea what that is) So I followed the instructions, but it didn't make any difference. I wasn't using a favourite link, I tried typing in exactly what you sent me, but it took me to the white page where it has a picture of the PB logo and says if you have trouble email Gill. But the picture wasn't there, there was a box with a red X in it as if it couldn't display the picture, and it said "This page isn't available today". I tried going back to a previous PB page, but just got an error message and I alsso tried favourites. I had various different error messages, depending on which method I was using to get in, but none of them worked.

Scurra
Alias the Jester

#9 Post by Scurra » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 am

Did you try the link I sent you by email?
http://forum.puzzlebrains.co.uk
What happens when you try that? I would guess that you got your error when you clicked the login box?
Are you getting the "Server has been moved" message?
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
All of my puzzles are simple and obvious. For certain values of "simple" and "obvious".

giraffe
Twigi

Re: Can't get on forum - THREAD MOVED

#10 Post by giraffe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:33 am

I haven't had an email from you.