Logging off

For issues relating to the site, including technical problems.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here, thank you. This forum is for problems you may be having with the site itself.
Scurra
Alias the Jester

Re: Logging off

#21 Post by Scurra » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:21 pm

giraffe wrote:It's like a puzzle that doesn't have instructions......
Yes, but the problem I am having is that plenty of people seemed to have solved it just fine - without even needing any hints.
Mind you, perhaps it's suspicious that the person who keeps telling us that she can't actually solve puzzles couldn't solve this one? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
All of my puzzles are simple and obvious. For certain values of "simple" and "obvious".

Wulfruna

#22 Post by Wulfruna » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Well, now that I am fully back in contact, it is interesting to note that I had real trouble with my main desktop computer, which refused point-blank to recognise me on either Forefox or Explorer - even after a total re-boot. Yet when I went on with the laptop. after an initial refusal if suddenly righted itself and welcomed me in.
So on my desktop I needed to use the "forgotten password" facility and am back.

A further interesting factor is that during the time that I was not "accepted", I was able to access this 'General' forum with no problem to enter comments on the "Today I have been...." thread, but when I went to the "Forum Queries" section of the same main website area, it refused to accept my submission (which said that I was still having trouble) saying that I still had to log on first (and then not recognising me).

Thought you needed to know these complications, just for future reference......

giraffe
Twigi

#23 Post by giraffe » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:52 pm

I could see the general bits, but not reply. Bunnylump could only see the log in screen. (So couldn't see the passwrod instructions on the update thread.)

Scurra
Alias the Jester

#24 Post by Scurra » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm

giraffe wrote:Bunnylump could only see the log in screen.
I hate to suggest that the purple rabbit might be giving out misleading information, but that's not actually true. You can always read the /community forums, whether you are logged in or not. You just have to click the link that says "Board Index" if you are on the log in screen.
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
All of my puzzles are simple and obvious. For certain values of "simple" and "obvious".

giraffe
Twigi

#25 Post by giraffe » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:47 pm

That's what I said, but she said she didn't have the strips with Board index on! :roll:

anagram

#26 Post by anagram » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm here under an assumed name for a reason.

I tried to log in as 'Cenwulf' but it rejected my password - so I tried the 'forgotten password' trick.
When I went to Outlook Express to get the new password, I discovered that my e-mail server is having problems; it kept rejecting my logon password, so I can't access the e-mail to get the new PB password.
Then I remembered that this login existed, so I tried the same thing. This login is linked to my Hotmail account, so I was able to access the new password from there.

CW

Cenwulf
The Complete Fool
Currently reading: Schott's Miscellanies

#27 Post by Cenwulf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Phew! The e-mail server problem is resolved, so I am back here under my usual ID.
Unfortunately, the number of ways of doing something wrong far exceed the number of ways of doing it right. G. Kasparov

16000 - 30/03/2017

neves-ytnewt rebmun rebmem suomynona srelzzup