PM notice

For issues relating to the site, including technical problems.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here, thank you. This forum is for problems you may be having with the site itself.
Redfraggle
Glamorous Granny
Currently reading: 50 Shades of Grey

PM notice

#1 Post by Redfraggle » Mon May 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi all, I got a message when I went into my PMs which said that one of my PMs had been deleted. I didn't realise I had a full inbox so that may be to blame. I dont know who the PM was from. Is this why my Pms keep getting lost? (Or else everyone except Gill and Bunnylump have chosen to ignore all my PM's). Any clues??? :roll:

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

Re: PM notice

#2 Post by LAT » Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 pm

I get that each time I get a new PM as my inbox is always full. I think you will have lost the oldest PM in your inbox.

PS, I promise, if you send me a PM, not to ignore it. :D

Redfraggle
Glamorous Granny

#3 Post by Redfraggle » Mon May 10, 2010 9:20 pm

I've lost count of the number of PMs I have sent but I have had very few replies. I think it may have something to do with my full in and outboxes (which is my own fault). But Id just like confirmation of this.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#4 Post by Bunnylump » Mon May 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Nah, I reckon it's just everyone hates you. You'd better go and eat worms. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (runs away and hides, laughing)

Actually I've DEFINITELY lost pm's which people have sent. Don't know how that's happened but I'm sure it has.

Anyway, everyone, quick GET HER. Can everyone please send Redfraggle a pm please? :lol: :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

Biscuit
Currently reading: The book of secrets

#5 Post by Biscuit » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

i have noticed that sometimes after typing a really long pm i click send and it doesnt go - i know try and copy it before i send so that i dont have to re-type it. \will send you a pm too.

Biscuit

Redfraggle
Glamorous Granny

#6 Post by Redfraggle » Tue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi all, I got some PMs so I know that's working. But Ive also cleared a big lot of Pms from the past so I know at least a full in and outbox is not to blame. :roll:

LAT
Nagging Nora

#7 Post by LAT » Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 pm

If messages are in your outbox then they've not yet been opened by whoever you sent them to. I believe they only move from your outbox to your sent box when they have been read by the recipient. So if you did have a lot in your outbox that might explain why they haven't been answered. ;)

LAT
Nagging Nora

#8 Post by LAT » Sun May 30, 2010 5:22 pm

I have another question on the subject of PMs

I have had one in my outbox to someone for a couple of weeks now. It disappeared a day or so ago but I have sent so many messages in the intervening time that it is not showing in my sent messages. And I have had no reply. Is it possible that it just expired because it wasn't picked up in time? I have noticed that earlier parts of continuing conversations do disappear when they drop off the end of the maximum Inbox or Sent messages folder, even if subsequent parts of a conversation are still available.

gill216
She who cannot be Thwarted
Currently reading: Nothing

#9 Post by gill216 » Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Your inbox, outbox and sent box EACH have the capacity to hold 100 messages.
Its only after each individual box has 100 messages that they begin to drop off at the end.

Unless you had over 100 unpicked up messages in your outbox you'd not lose one.

However- if that message was picked up in the last couple of days (and not replied to) and you've since sent more than 100 messages it may not show in your sent box.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan