Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
Laura

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#5981 Post by Laura » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 pm

...Finishing my TO DO list!!! This is particularly impressive, as I realised at about 11am that when my computer blew up, I managed to lose a whole year of Brownie accounts. :roll: So today has been spent trying to put them back together again from the records I have and what I remember. The thing is, you don't get receipts for things like the electric meter at the campsite, so random amounts of money were only ever written down in the accounts as I went along. I now just need to wait for the bank statement to arrive before I do some, ahm, juggling, you could call it, of figures, in order to make them balance.

giraffe
Twigi

#5982 Post by giraffe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Making a cake. (Well Lally made the cake, I have been doing sponge sculpture with it.) I realised after I had stuck it all together it might have been an idea to chocolate coat the vertical surfaces first as my sculpture now sits in a big puddle of chocolate :roll: I have stuck it in the fridge in the hope that it won't look too bad when it dries.

Laura

#5983 Post by Laura » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Why does how it looks matter? How does it taste????? :D

kathlyn

#5984 Post by kathlyn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Spent 45 mins in the dentists chair this morning having a gold crown fitted. At least it wasn't as bad as the hour I spent there a couple of weeks ago when he was doing all the moulds etc!!
We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!

giraffe
Twigi

#5985 Post by giraffe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Laura wrote:Why does how it looks matter? How does it taste????? :D
We won't find out until tomorrow!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#5986 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:03 pm

You clearly should have come to the meet and eaten my cake which looked like it was covered in sick. :lol: :lol:

I've bin...

back to work. Boo hiss. Especially annoying because I'm not even PAID for inset days. :roll: Still, under my new policy that means they WILL give me time in lieu of my choice... :mrgreen: Got back to find that some bright spark had decided to move all the furniture around in my office, move all my stuff (without telling me) including the computer, which made a hideous noise when I turned it on and then didn't work. :evil: :evil:

But on a nice note, one of my colleagues did bring her 6 week old son in to show us (total cutie). He has the marvellous name "Rohan Oberon", and is a sister to "Emelia Titania". :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

#5987 Post by LAT » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Bunnylump wrote:Got back to find that some bright spark had decided to move all the furniture around in my office, move all my stuff (without telling me) including the computer, which made a hideous noise when I turned it on and then didn't work. :evil: :evil:
Oh dear, that bodes well for the term ahead! Or will it mean you get a nice shiny new computer? :mrgreen:

giraffe
Twigi

#5988 Post by giraffe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Lally announced that her PE tracksuit trousers had disappeared. My thoughts immediately went to the 5 bags of clothes that went to the charity last week. :roll: She thinks they might have been mistakenly put in F's room and he has thrown them out thinking they were a small pair of his. :roll: Managed to find K's old ones though so panic over.

Don't you just love kids! K has spent the whole of the last 2 days working through some maths that her new school had given her to do over the summer, and she then forgot about. :roll: There's nothing like starting off on the wrong footing with the new school. At least it has kept her out of the way while I sloshed chocolate around in the kitchen.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5989 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:28 pm

LAT wrote:
Bunnylump wrote:Got back to find that some bright spark had decided to move all the furniture around in my office, move all my stuff (without telling me) including the computer, which made a hideous noise when I turned it on and then didn't work. :evil: :evil:
Oh dear, that bodes well for the term ahead! Or will it mean you get a nice shiny new computer? :mrgreen:
I don't think that's likely. They've been laying off teachers...

Redfraggle
Glamorous Granny
Currently reading: 50 Shades of Grey

#5990 Post by Redfraggle » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Carmen started nursery today for the first time. She agreed to go in but refused to take her coat off. But she did run around wearing a fireman's helmet. She announced to the staff 10 minutes before finishing time that she was going to visit Iwah. (That's Carmen's name for Ivan). We think this is going to be her routine for a while. :lol:

giraffe
Twigi

#5991 Post by giraffe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 pm

At least she spoke to them! I think it was a year or more before K spoke to the staff at nursery. She was perfectly happy and never seemed to notice I had left, but wouldn't speak. I'm sure within a couple of weeks she'll have settled into a routine and be having a whale of a time.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5992 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:09 pm

I remember when Dibble started at nursery school. Within a week I went to pick him up and the teacher said "we were impressed to find he could ride a bicycle without stabilisers!" "Um", I replied, "he can't..." :lol: :lol: He was under 4; his sister hadn't got rid of her stabilisers until she was seven, and it took about 6 months of running behind her holding on to the saddle... :lol: K, however, was a lot more like Carmen. I still have a picture of her dressed in a bright red dress with an angel halo on at the nursery nativity play. She refused point blank to wear white like all the other angels, because she didn't like it. :lol:

Biscuit
Currently reading: The book of secrets

#5993 Post by Biscuit » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:24 pm

enjoyed a meeting at work when staff explained to me that they did not like my brother calling them C****s. Bit difficult for me to defend as he calls me similar names, and worse my father says a swear word is just another word in the english language - is it in the films they say never work with children or animals - i want to extend this to family :)

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5994 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm

:shock: :o That's appalling. He needs to watch out - he'll eventually end up with a law suit for victimisation or constructive dismissal if he isn't careful.

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#5995 Post by MBH » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Biscuit wrote:eand worse my father says a swear word is just another word in the english language
Sounds like a case of "Like Father, Like Son" :(

My Father taught me that if I'm reduced to swear words then my vocabulary isn't good enough.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5996 Post by Bunnylump » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:59 am

...Having said that, the CHOICE application of a good swear word IN A NON BUSINESS SITUATION can be very satisfying... :lol: I would never DREAM of swearing at my staff. And if a swear word inadvertently sneaks in when I'm talking about something else to them, I always apologise. Swearing AT someone, and especially using that particular word, is absolutely unforgivable in a work situation. And I was absolutely serious about the possibility of accusation of constructive dismissal. I have actually come across someone who was taking a company to court for exactly that.

clvrlad
Currently reading: snuff

#5997 Post by clvrlad » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:07 pm

i don't normally swear

i can and im perfectly willingly to
i just rather not most of the time

in act there is a guy at work(a supervisor) who's always swearing...
i repeatedly ask him not to (to wind him up he's a good lad really and he doesn't means to)
he just gets too... excited about things
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary, and those that don't.
DVP anon member........errr what was it again.....

tricia
Currently reading: The secret life of Bletchley Park Sincla

#5998 Post by tricia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Bunnylump wrote::shock: :o That's appalling. He needs to watch out - he'll eventually end up with a law suit for victimisation or constructive dismissal if he isn't careful.
I agree - no one should be subjected to such language - I'm surprised no one hs turned round and said F... Y.. and stuff your f..... job.

When I worked sa a Dietitian I was based in the kitchen and learned a whole new language and met up with people from the seedier side of glasgow BUT no one used that word in the work place

Anyhow to change the subject ...... my recent bout of sunburn received when in Folkestone has left me with a flair up of my psoriasis..........So I have been scratching and desperately applying creams. No more sun for me .. Factor 50 or more for me from now on. :evil:

Tricia
Curiosity killed the cat But satisfaction revived it!!

Those who ask can be helped

giraffe
Twigi

#5999 Post by giraffe » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:56 pm

That's weird because they prescribe UV lamps / sunbeds to help psoraisis!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6000 Post by Bunnylump » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm inclined to say that factor 50 is a good move whether you have a skin problem or not. I always, every day, even in the winter, wear factor 15 on my face. I don't see in making myself look even more haggard than I do already.