2013 Meet

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

Re: 2013 Meet

#221 Post by Bunnylump » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Well, it is only fair... :mrgreen:

Some nice photos there, ladies!

What I want to know is: who forgot to tell Looby that the team colour was blue? :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#222 Post by MBH » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Sitting at the Library in Newcastle and I've actually given myself time to look through the photos from the visit. This is the first chance I've had to do this. [Sorry :( ]

I can't comment on all of them, but....

NO - she doesn't look like an alien :lol: Rotten Mum.

That second photo is a perfect capture of the Sage just under the bridge with the new bridge in the background. Well done if you can't see the results when you shoot.

Hiding behind your hair (Looby) wouldn't help if I'd been able to bribe them to tilt the bridge :twisted: It's known as the "winking eye" for a reason.

That really is a very nice Mother/Daughter shot with the river as a backdrop. Well done :)

The cannons at Tynemouth were deactivated before a set of fiddling puzzlers got to them ;)

"Sister Sitting on Sphere" looks great :D I now get to picture her visiting every time I pass it walking Maisie. [The "Scotswood and Elswick" board gives the same effect]

The sand advertising was a great idea, and it looks like you had a decent day to visit the coast. It wasn't tipping it down anyway.

I'm not a great personal fan of the 'Angel', but those shots are good.

More good bridge photography from LAT, and the one from the South side of the river showing the Swing Bridge, Newcastle Keep, and the spire of St Nicholas Cathedral does have a bit of everything in it. I couldn't arrange your timing so I'm glad you got a visual identifier for the "possible flight path for another Rocket" ;)

Finally - I think that the "Tin Dog and Elephant" is a great name for a pub :D Someone win the lottery and we can do it as a group project catering for puzzlers from around the world.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#223 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

MBH wrote: "Sister Sitting on Sphere" looks great :D I now get to picture her visiting every time I pass it walking Maisie. [The "Scotswood and Elswick" board gives the same effect]
Aw...big virtual bunny hug winging its way to you... ;)
Someone win the lottery and we can do it as a group project catering for puzzlers from around the world.
Do you know what? We SHOULD do this. I've often thought that puzzly people aren't particularly catered for with team events / fun activities. I would LOVE to do this as a job, seriously, if I thought it was a goer I would give up my job tomorrow and get organising with you!!! :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”