December 2010 edition and 2011

Messages to the Puzzlebrains community.
gill216
She who cannot be Thwarted
Currently reading: Nothing

December 2010 edition and 2011

#1 Post by gill216 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 am

Puzzlebrains 2011!
Just to let you know that during 2011 PB is hopefully moving onwards and upwards. We hope to be become bigger and better in the New Year, welcome new members and increase our distribution.

In order to do this we need to make some minor changes.

Subscriptions.
Will there be a price increase? NO!!
Will I get fewer puzzles for my money? NO!!

How will this affect me?
First of all, subscriptions will become an annual package, this allows for more scope in the content of the package. The vast majority of subscriptions expire with the December edition. You will be invited to renew your subscription, at the same cost, for the whole of the 2011 package. (For those who have alternate expiry dates – I will contact you individually within the next few weeks- you will not lose out!!!)

In the past your subscription has covered 6 printed issues. The 2011 package will contain 5 printed issues and at least 1 other set of online puzzles. If all goes well you will gain more puzzles for your money- but definitely not less. You will also receive a copy of the omnibus edition when it is printed, (see below) in effect a gift for a like-minded person that costs you nothing.

Anyone who wishes to subscribe part way through 2011 will receive anything already issued for 2011via electronic means. One off single purchases will still be available should the choice be to wait until the 2012 package becomes .available

Omnibus.
We have almost completed an omnibus edition, comprised of 3 past issues. It contains tips, walkthroughs and solutions and we hope to make it more available to the general public. Our present subscribers will receive a copy free of charge once it is printed.

December 2010 edition.

In order to achieve our goals the December 2010 edition will be mainly online only but that doesn't mean fewer puzzles! We have an advent calendar planned, a puzzle a day released from 1st- 24th December. (A standard printed issue contains around 25 puzzles). You will receive a package in December that will contain printed puzzles too, but not in the format you are used to. We hope this is acceptable to everyone.

The PB forums.

Puzzlebrains.co.uk is about to become more or less exclusive to our existing members and subscribers.

In future we will have 2 sites.

www.puzzlebrains.com which will be the puzzle part of PB. The place where you print your meta puzzles, enter your answers, official hints- with an email address to ask for further help etc. There will be a “joining the forum” link for those who do want to join in the general chat etc. but they will have to make a request rather than an it being an automatic process (or to be recommended by an existing member).

www.puzzlebrains.co.uk will be almost exclusive to our existing members. This site will be for our existing members + anyone who applies to join us. That way we know they are serious friends. At the moment co.uk consists of puzzle writers, test solvers, core community members etc. i.e. the backbone of this venture into the unknown. This will allow for more freedom in what you say to each other in respect of help, hints etc, and in a more open way.

The hints thread as it exists now will disappear, our core members will be helping each other.

What this does mean is that you will need to log in to each part of the site separately.
There will no longer be the auto connection to click through.

Any Questions?

Ask away!
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan