The Long Silence...

Messages to the Puzzlebrains community.
Scurra
Alias the Jester

The Long Silence...

#1 Post by Scurra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 am

First up, apologies for not giving you any updates at all. I’m sure some of you thought I’d just vanished into thin air!

As you may surmise, this is also an apology for missing the hoped-for publication in June. Work has been progressing on The Snark, and the contents are largely complete (I’d like to thank all those who have been helping me test and double-check the puzzles – you know who you are.)

We’re now investigating printing options, as I want the final product to look as nice as we can manage whilst still working as a puzzlebook. So we are looking at various types of binding, colour printing options and different types of paper etc.

As a result, I’m not going to manage to publish this month. However, I am expecting that the slippage should only be a few weeks, and I will give you notice of when it is done. For delivery, you will be receiving a separate survey email soon asking for your address so that we can send the final book to you. Please fill this in as soon as possible.

I also understand that some of you who had subscribed to the main magazine did not receive a notification of the release of the last issue (the “Solar System” set) which came out at the beginning of April. Again, I am sorry about that. The puzzles can all be downloaded from the main site; if you need to know how to access it, please send me a message.

Thanks again for all your patience.

-- Scurra
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
All of my puzzles are simple and obvious. For certain values of "simple" and "obvious".

Scurra
Alias the Jester

Re: The Long Silence...

#2 Post by Scurra » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:47 pm

The good news is that the contents went to the printers yesterday. :)
So we're almost there.
Again, thank you for your patience!
All of my puzzles are simple and obvious. For certain values of "simple" and "obvious".

Scurra
Alias the Jester

#3 Post by Scurra » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:28 pm

And it's finally done. Copies should be in the post as I write this. :)
Attachments
ks-cover.jpg
ks-cover.jpg (28.01 KiB) Viewed 961 times

Scurra
Alias the Jester

#4 Post by Scurra » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:20 pm

OK, so thanks to all of you wonderful people, The Puzzle-Hunting of the Snark has been printed and sent out to everyone who backed the Kickstarter and made it a reality.
And, thanks to you, we've also got some copies left over. Well, more than some, to be honest. :)

So, as a one-time offer to forum members, we are giving people here the opportunity to purchase one or two copies of the book for £5 (plus UK p&p which is going to be £2.) I think Bunnylump would be really glad if you took us up on this offer as otherwise those boxes are going to be blocking her hallway forever...

If you are interested, please drop Bunnylump or Scurra a PM (preferably Bunny though!) and we'll endeavour to sort you out.

Once again, thank you for all your support. Now, I'd better get back to finishing off the next issue of Puzzlebrains itself!