Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#5821 Post by LAT » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:38 pm

I've also been to see HP. :D And I also cried a bit and had to do a rapid recover at the end when the lights came up. :roll:

Looby

#5822 Post by Looby » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:40 am

It wasn't just me being over-emotional then!
There's no point in having a last minute if you don't use it!

eirian
Currently reading: Thomas the Tank Engine (and friends)

#5823 Post by eirian » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:38 pm

well, I think that confirms that I will not be going to see it in the cinema. I cry at the slightest thing, so it's definitely a no-no.
Perseverance: - the courage to ignore the obvious wisdom and carry on anyway

giraffe
Twigi

#5824 Post by giraffe » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:30 pm

I cry at anything, and only got to the nearly crying stage.

tricia
Currently reading: The secret life of Bletchley Park Sincla

#5825 Post by tricia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm

I am jealous of you all - I'm not going until I get back from holiday - I had better take plenty tissues

Tricia
Curiosity killed the cat But satisfaction revived it!!

Those who ask can be helped

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#5826 Post by Bunnylump » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:33 pm

I've been a busy bee.
Last Saturday I went to my friend's party. She was celebrating her 50th birthday, her 25th wedding anniversary AND the 40th anniversary of her business. She lives in a village and has lots of land / paddocks etc. and backs onto open fields. Her Dad (who lives next door) has a giant model railway set up in the garden. They had a marquee in the garden, a giant bouncy castle, a disco, a bar (run by her brother who owns a pub) and they served "high tea" in the afternoon, then cheeseboard and chocolate fountain (yuk) in the evening. It was really nice to catch up with some friends from school, some of whom I haven't seen for about 20 years. The funny part was when, in the evening, no-one was dancing, and two of my best friends and I were itching to dance. So we went and hid behind the marquee in the field and were having great fun "freaking out". But then, just for a laugh, we started dancing past the "windows" in the marquee in "formation". Some of the older people there and some of the teenagers kept looking round in disbelief, thinking they were seeing things. :lol: Haven't laughed so much in years. Anyway, eventually everyone was dancing and we had a really great time. I also have some brilliant action shots of my friend Rachel sliding down the bouncy castle in her posh frock. :mrgreen: :lol:

Sunday, we drove down to Cornwall for my son's graduation, which was taking place in Truro cathedral. We stayed in the Brookdale Hotel ( a bit sad and tatty round the edges, and far too close to the main road, so therefore noisy). Had a nice meal at Mannings, and met my son's girlfriend's mum properly for the first time. The ceremony was a warm, personal one, introduced by Floella Benjamin, and of course the cathedral was a spectacular setting. I will always remember the startled look on the faces of the staff in the Truro Co-Op because my son (who is continuously hungry) insisted on popping in to buy a pasty in his complete robe and hat. :lol: Afterwards we left him to it at the departmental reception for a while, and escaped for a walk to the beach at Falmouth (although we too looked rather ridiculous with D in a suit and K and me in our posh frocks and heels...). In the evening we had a nice Mexican meal at the 3 Amigos. Today, we came back via Lydford Gorge (because we liked it so much last time).

Can't cope with all this excitement... :lol:

EDIT sorry, just re read this and realised I typed in such a big rush that my grammar is all over the shop. Sorry and all that. :lol:
Last edited by Bunnylump on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

giraffe
Twigi

#5827 Post by giraffe » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 pm

I thought you'd been a bit quiet, glad you had a good time. :D

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5828 Post by Bunnylump » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks. And coming to that, the previous week was action packed too - been out for lunch twice,was invited out to dinner, been to see my husband in the Sergeant Pepper show at Berkhamsted. That was scary - he didn't tell me he was SINGING :shock: - fortunately only in an a cappella version of "Africa" (complete with the clicking fingers to sound like rain at the beginning). But they also put him on a revolving disc on the stage with his drums - which threw him a little! :lol: Also went to see Harry Potter with my daughter and her friends (OH won't go...) :roll:

giraffe
Twigi

#5829 Post by giraffe » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Is he worried he'll cry? :lol:

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5830 Post by Bunnylump » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm

No, I think he's just sick of HP... oh, and he's a miserable s*d as well... :lol:

giraffe
Twigi

#5831 Post by giraffe » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Mine was threatening to fall asleep in it and took a large costa coffee in with him. He doesn't even drink coffee :lol: :roll:

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#5832 Post by MBH » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:43 am

At 'work' for two long days at the Sunderland International Air Show. Got a group of cadets dancing a hornpipe in the background and everyone is looking forward to the flying show starting.

Since my bus has "Sunderland Mobile Customer Service Centre" plastered all over the side I get all sorts of random questions from the public.... and the 3G connectivity here on the coast is lousy so I can't do much with the Internet :(

If it stays as quiet as this I'll see if I can sort through the USA puzzles I've got 50% [20%, 5%] done and try and ask some sensible questions before the end of the month - Ah - plenty time :lol:

At least the weather is supposed to be OK for the weekend. We had one year with the fog so dense we couldn't see the edge of the cliff never mind the sky over the sea :roll:

No pay for this (surprise, surprise) just Time Off In Lieu - which I never have time to take [sound familiar Sis? :D ]

Anyway - if anything exciting happens I'll keep you in touch.... and you can hope for posts in the other threads as I yell for help.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5833 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:05 pm

...Having an alarming message about my niece.
She was on an organised climbing weekend the other weekend (the rainy one) and had been doing the climbing part fine. She was walking on a muddy path between the two climbing activities, and slipped. She tumbled down a steep slope, completely out of control, towards a cliff. The only way she could stop herself was to deliberately crash into a tree which was clinging on near the cliff edge. The tree uprooted as she hit it, but it was enough to stop her from actually going over the edge. She had to be rescued with ropes by the climbing instructor. She's covered in bruises and was suffering from shock for several days. Thankfully she's now recovering, but she's certainly a very lucky girl.

MBH
King of the Swingers

#5834 Post by MBH » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Ouch!!!!

I'd say those bumps, bruises, and anything else she picked up make her a VERY lucky girl - and it gives a good reminder of what is and isn't 'dangerous'. :?

LAT
Nagging Nora

#5835 Post by LAT » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Wow, that's scary. Poor girl, and lucky too. I hope she makes a full recovery.

MBH
King of the Swingers

#5836 Post by MBH » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:29 pm

She should take up some safer passtime - I've just been watching the girls wing-walking on top of aircraft doing loops and barrel-rolls :shock: I like heights - but for some reason that's not tempting me (too much) ;)

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5837 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:50 pm

(Shudder)

Today I've mostly bin...making a cake.
Janet's cake (250x188).jpg
Janet's cake (250x188).jpg (84.59 KiB) Viewed 728 times
And yes, I know it's completely revolting. It's supposed to be. :lol: :lol:

LAT
Nagging Nora

#5838 Post by LAT » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:25 pm

That's beautiful! :D
Someone's a very lucky bunny! :lol:

MBH
King of the Swingers

#5839 Post by MBH » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 pm

What a great cake - I'm looking at the edible version and the animate version both at the same time :lol:

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#5840 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Mind you, it was a nightmare to make. I (stupidly) listened to my husband, who said he thought I should try to make the purple colour with natural ingredients. So I sieved loads of raspberries and blackberries and added icing sugar. And it made violent, Barbie pink. :roll: Hence the background colour. So then I had to make rolling icing for the rabbit, ice it in pink and then combine lots of different sprinkles (totally UNnatural -every e number known to rabbit). The kitchen looked like the apocalypse had occurred. :lol: