Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
clvrlad
Currently reading: snuff

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#6481 Post by clvrlad » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:02 am

hang on im getting blamed or spelling it right... :roll:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary, and those that don't.
DVP anon member........errr what was it again.....

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#6482 Post by MBH » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:54 am

Morning Sis :) Hope you're OK :lol:
Bunnylump wrote:Guess what? I've just been for a CHRISTMAS dinner. Flipping heck isn't it NOVEMBER? :lol:
I've had the Christmas lunch at ASDA twice already. Good platefull of food for £4.25.

Laughing alound here at the by-play between the Jester and the Tin Pup. :lol:

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#6483 Post by Bunnylump » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, all I can say is that I've been REALLY ill all week (and for most of last week as well). I haven't been sleeping either because of the painful throat. So yesterday (as you may have gathered :oops: ) I totally went for it and got cajoled into drinking absurd amounts of wine. And guess what? I feel a lot better today. :lol: :lol: Apologies for any random jumbled messages anyone got last night. I have no recollection of what I was saying. All I know is that I was a good girl and didn't stay out partying until 4am (I could have been sorely tempted) because I knew I had to work today. But I came home all "wired up" and didn't have anyone to speak to!! So I tried to speak to you lot but found I couldn't actually type. :lol: :lol:

PS I am not usually a total drunken old slapper, really!! :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

#6484 Post by LAT » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Bunnylump wrote: All I know is that I was a good girl
That's not what you told me! :lol:

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6485 Post by Bunnylump » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:42 pm

:shock: :?

Oh dear... :lol: :lol:

I do remember that there was no dancing on tables and no food fights. So that's not that bad... :lol:

clvrlad

#6486 Post by clvrlad » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am

Bunnylump wrote: I do remember that there was no dancing on tables and no food fights. So that's not that bad... :lol:
youve a different idea of a good girl to me then :-p...no food fights.... :(

tricia
Currently reading: The secret life of Bletchley Park Sincla

#6487 Post by tricia » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 am

Tonight Im off to see the Only Men Aloud concert in thr concert hall in Glasgow :D . Also going for an Italian meal. Tomorrow off out to the shops to get the last Harry Potter :D - so wont get much puzzling done. Had to scrape thick ice of the car windscreen both outside and inside.

Tricia
Curiosity killed the cat But satisfaction revived it!!

Those who ask can be helped

clvrlad

#6488 Post by clvrlad » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am

inside as well?
well its laundry day for me so getting out of bed

wish my nose would clear up i think its giving me a headache...

SparkOut
International Man of Mystery

#6489 Post by SparkOut » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Scurra wrote:
clvrlad wrote:we've had to this year
Now you see because I am used to your, um, non-traditional spelling at times, I wondered how you had managed to get TWO Christmas Dinners. Then I realised what you actually meant. :)
Well there was a year I was working for a company where they couldn't get a Christmas event venue sorted out, so they waited until the end of February. Then I changed in April to start working for a different company. That year they (the new company) had trouble getting a Christmas event venue booked too, so they had theirs early on 5th November. Two Christmas events just over 8 months apart! (Although, yes, there were fireworks for the latter)

LAT
Nagging Nora

#6490 Post by LAT » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:34 pm

clvrlad wrote:inside as well?
When we first moved into our house we had coal fired heating and it was during the miner's strike. Often we couldn't get coal and when we could it was poor quality foreign imports so it was really difficult to light. Add to that we were out at work all day not getting home until at least 7.00pm most nights when we had to get the fire started. We often had ice on the inside of our windows that winter. :(

We eventually persuaded the gas board to quote to bring gas to the house. They wouldn't even give us a quote at first as they said that implied they could do the work and they weren't sure they were prepared to do the job. It wasn't cheap but that first day when we came home to a warm house with no fire to light it felt worth every penny. :D

Hope you're feeling better soon clvrlad.

I'm now wondering if someone has escaped from Broadmoor, there's been a helicopter circling around overhead for a while and sometimes that is the reason. :?

tricia
Currently reading: The secret life of Bletchley Park Sincla

#6491 Post by tricia » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:50 am

concert was excellent, we had a great time. The Italian meal was also very nice

tricia
Curiosity killed the cat But satisfaction revived it!!

Those who ask can be helped

giraffe
Twigi

#6492 Post by giraffe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:57 am

LAT wrote:
clvrlad wrote:inside as well?
I'm now wondering if someone has escaped from Broadmoor, there's been a helicopter circling around overhead for a while and sometimes that is the reason. :?
I lived in Crowthorne for a while and we only worried if the siren went off and it wasn't 10 am on a Monday!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6493 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am

Glad you had a nice time, Tricia.

I am recovering from having spent 8 hours shopping in Milton Keynes yesterday with my friend. As you know, I detest shopping (not a real girl) so this was done in the traditional way with my friend Janet (we've done our Christmas shopping together for the last 28 years). The hideous shopping is interspersed with lots of stops at coffee shops, lunch as Wagamammas, and USUALLY going out for tea as well at the end. Although we didn't do the last bit this time because I was too ill).

The thing which makes the whole day is the laughter. For example, J had leggings on, which kept falling down. Consequently, as we made our way up and down the 0.44 mile long shopping centre, I was getting an almost continuous commentary of how far her knickers were descending along with the leggings. Much, I may add, to the consternation of some of the passers-by. :lol: There was also a senior moment or two, including HMV being renamed first HIV and then HGV (resulting in ant- style hysteria outside the shop), me being asked to produce ID to buy some port in M &S by the cheeky male shop assistant (what a smooth talker!) and taking turns to pretend to be someone else to get free samples of said port and luxury biscuits from the tasting post in M &S. :lol: We were also so busy chatting on our way there and back that we got lost both ways ("Hey, we seem to be in a village. Where the heck are we?!")

All this idiotic behaviour lightened the day and we even managed to do 99% of the Christmas shopping along the way. :D :D

lilsis

#6494 Post by lilsis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Today I've mostly bin wrapping stocking presents with Laura :D
Scuffler's official name by the way, is Faith Alyssa. Although we haven't registered her yet, so we could still call her Scuffler....

LAT
Nagging Nora

#6495 Post by LAT » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Lovely name! :D Many congratulations lilsis.

I have spent most of the day buying some presents. I do need to sort them out and work out what I have for who but I'm too exhausted at the moment.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6496 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Aw, that's nice, Lilsis. :D

chazzie

#6497 Post by chazzie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Congrats Lilsis - thanks for introducing Faith to us - saying that I still love the informal names families have .... One of my brothers still called High Street at family gatherings as that was what my eldest brother had just learnt to say when he was born. Can't help thinking Scuffler will be used in years to come!!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6498 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:58 pm

:lol: Well, I have a Dibble and a Bunny (K was always called that when she was little, because she always slept curled up on her knees, like a little rabbit). My brother has always called himself "Ralph" because he liked the book Lord of the Flies when he was a teenager. That gets very confusing, because his wife and friends all call him Ralph and we all call him by his real name. :lol: And my Dad's "girlfriend" (who is in her 70s) is really called Margaret, but is always known as Peggy (as lots of old people called Margaret are). I've never quite understood that one! :? But I must say, Scuffler and High Street are very individual!! :lol:

giraffe
Twigi

#6499 Post by giraffe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:51 pm

My great aunt that died in the summer was called Mike by her husband. Something to do with them meeting through an amateur dramatics group and her character was called Mike. I thought he was the only one who called her that, but at the funeral his brother's daughter referred to her as Auntie Mike. Weird. My best friend at school was known as Beany or Bean. She still is! My kids know her as Auntie Bean. Even the teachers at school called her Bean.

Laura

#6500 Post by Laura » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Well, I feel like a proper auntie now I've been sicked on. It's as though she was on her best behaviour before, but she's decided I'm proper family now. As ever, after a day with my lovely nephew and niece, this is me - :D :D :D :D