Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#6661 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 pm

chazzie wrote:......... finishing eating the chocolate from my Easter Egg!!
:shock: :o :shock:

My chocolate advent calendar didn't even make it to the 24th... :lol: I just watched Miranda, and she had an empty one too, so I am in good company...I am also as good as she is at falling over. However, I haven't been putting peanuts down MY bra... :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

#6662 Post by LAT » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 pm

I've been wondering if Chazzie has spent most of the day eating chocolate from her Easter egg, exactly how large was the egg? :shock:

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6663 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Yeah, you could have invited us round to help you, Chazzie... :lol:

Laura

#6664 Post by Laura » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:31 am

My chocolate advent calendar didn't even make it to the 24th... :lol: I just watched Miranda, and she had an empty one too, so I am in good company...I am also as good as she is at falling over. However, I haven't been putting peanuts down MY bra... :lol:
I watched it too, even though I have the DVD. :roll: I've actually started quoting from it, and people just look at me as though I'm wierd, which I suppose I am.... :oops: :?

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6665 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:42 am

Ah, but weird is good, in my book. :lol: In fact, the weirder the better if you ask me.

Laura

#6666 Post by Laura » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:29 am

Well, here's hoping the people at church agree, as they're getting bits from the Muppet's Christmas Carol on the organ tonight and tomorrow morning. There's nothing like keeping things traditional at Christmas!!

clvrlad
Currently reading: snuff

#6667 Post by clvrlad » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:40 am

well i suppose 1992 is traditional now...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary, and those that don't.
DVP anon member........errr what was it again.....

Laura

#6668 Post by Laura » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am

Oh, flipping heck! My childhood is 20 years ago!!! I feel OLD! :shock:

kathlyn

#6669 Post by kathlyn » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Laura wrote:Oh, flipping heck! My childhood is 20 years ago!!! I feel OLD! :shock:
must be nearing the time when you can start the second one then :lol:
We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#6670 Post by MBH » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Laura wrote: I've actually started quoting from it, and people just look at me as though I'm wierd, which I suppose I am.... :oops: :?
We regularly quote from Vicar of Dibly and Dinnerladies in a bid to cope with life. So much wisdom in the writing [and of course at least one of these brings us back to chocolate advent calendars ;) ]
Laura wrote:Well, here's hoping the people at church agree, as they're getting bits from the Muppet's Christmas Carol on the organ tonight and tomorrow morning.
Brilliant - there's some great songs on there :lol: Marley and Marley. It Feels like Christmas. I particularly like the shortest bit of all - Christmas Scat :)

Today......... I'm flying around trying to get 1001 things sorted Christmas - [Who said "typical man"] - Too many other pressures at the moment, so we will do what we do and get what we get.

Laura

#6671 Post by Laura » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:35 pm

We're having 'One more sleep til Christmas' tonight and 'It feels like Christmas' tomorrow. I reckon there will be one person who actually recognises them, but she's one of my best friends and she didn't get her Christmas present this year, because they're out of stock on the Guiding website (Brownie Flipflops in size 7!) so it's a token gesture for her really.

giraffe
Twigi

#6672 Post by giraffe » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm in the middle of making a steamed syrup sponge for tomorrow's pudding. Then I think everything is done.

clvrlad

#6673 Post by clvrlad » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Laura wrote:Oh, flipping heck! My childhood is 20 years ago!!! I feel OLD! :shock:
only as old as me...

MBH
King of the Swingers

#6674 Post by MBH » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh. BTW... I wouldn't start with lines like that with some of US around (or we'll set Brian and Ann on you] :twisted:

I was involved in a quiz based around the year 1906 and the person born in a particular address in South Shields was NOT Stan Laurel (as I had answered) but Cathrine Cookson - to which all the local teenagers said "Who????"

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6675 Post by Bunnylump » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 pm

I don't think I ever finished my childhood. I keep waiting to become a grown up. :lol:

And MBH, for your lateness in Christmas organisation, I'll raise you my son, who suddenly announced at 4 30 today that he still needed to go and buy all of his Christmas presents... :roll: :lol:

Christmas is hard work, isn't it? I've been flat out all day. And I am SHATTERED. I'll await an over excited 24 year old leaping around like a puppy in her pyjamas first thing in the morning. Her boyfriend (who is driving her here in said pyjamas) is just saying nothing because he knows what's good for him... :lol: :lol:

giraffe
Twigi

#6676 Post by giraffe » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Well I'll trade you a snoring 81 year old for a leaping 24 year old if you like!

SparkOut
International Man of Mystery

#6677 Post by SparkOut » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:09 am

Bunnylump wrote:Ah, but weird is good, in my book. :lol: In fact, the weirder the better if you ask me.
That makes me feel quite a bit better, I should score pretty highly on the Bunny Weird-O-Meter.
Happy bouncy monkeys at 6am make the place more exciting, but it's wearing when everyone is full of coughs and colds.

MBH
King of the Swingers

#6678 Post by MBH » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Managing to do a Christmas dinner with 1 pan, 1 roasting tray, a cookery & a microwave. With some beg pre-cooked for me I didn't do a bad job in a strange kitchen.

Now I'm trying to get to grips with my main gift of an HTC Wildfire S android smart phone. I'm typing this on it FRUSTRATINGLY SLOWLY, but at least I'm here :)

Hope you all had a good day.

clvrlad

#6679 Post by clvrlad » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:11 pm

sounds like you had a good xmas ;-)

any way time for me to go to work...

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#6680 Post by Bunnylump » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:50 pm

MBH you should be an expert on those already. That's what I've got - remember, and you had to work out how to set my alarm for me? :lol: Sounds like you're a proper candidate for I'm in the jungle get me out of here, or whatever it's called... :lol:

SparkOut, you are wonderfully weird, completely perfectly placed on the weirdometer. Exactly where I like you. Sort of weird enough to be a bit different and to be full of surprises, but normal enough to be a great laugh as well. :lol: Sorry to hear you are full of cold - me too, and I have had NO appetite at all. So all this food I've been slaving over for the past few days has largely gone uneaten, by me at least. :roll:

Well, it's been INTERESTING here today (and last night). Stoopid son come home with a gash on his head last night - because his best friend (who is also a clever s*d, studying medicine at Bristol, believe it or not) was really drunk and tried to aim a kick at someone else's rear (for a joke) and succeeded in kicking Dibble in the head instead. :roll: It didn't seem to phase him, but you know they say where there's no sense, there's no feeling... :lol:

Anyway the "sensible sister" ( who now lives with her boyfriend) got this comment from her boyfriend on facebook today:

"I was woken at 6am by a clacking noise. Was this the sound of the reindeer hoofs skittering across the roof, or of soot tinkling down the chimney as Father Christmas made a hasty retreat? No. It was the sound of my 24 year old girlfriend checking on the location of Santa on the internet, because she was so excited about it being Christmas day." :lol: :lol: :lol:

So. They arrived, and we all opened our stockings. Yes, we ALL had them. Father Christmas was very generous in our house. My husband then gave me a Radley handbag (very nice) and some hair straighteners. I knew I was getting these things because I was there when he got them. :lol: Next thing I know, he's bringing in a giant flat boxed package into the living room.

"You do like surfing, don't you?" He asked, ominously. :shock:

So, I took the wrapping paper off, and find a big surf board shaped box with "The Miami Surf Company" labels all over it. I decided my husband had lost his mind. I tentatively opened the box, and found...

an ironing board. :lol: :lol: :lol: (at which point I hit him with it). He then gave me another box, and said

"Well, I knew you'd love that one, so I bought you an iron to go with it" and presented me with an iron-sized box. Divorce very clearly marked on the cards, I opened said package and found...

a lovely new DAB digital radio. :D :D

We did laugh. Well, after my husband had reappeared from where he was hiding... :lol: