Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
Redfraggle
Glamorous Granny
Currently reading: 50 Shades of Grey

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#7441 Post by Redfraggle » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 am

You dont have to go on there Bunny, no one has to if they dont want to. :roll:

clvrlad
Currently reading: snuff

#7442 Post by clvrlad » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:26 am

:-(
Last edited by clvrlad on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary, and those that don't.
DVP anon member........errr what was it again.....

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#7443 Post by Bunnylump » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:26 am

What I mean is that I'm perfectly happy to go on the PB one because I can see a point to doing that. :D Whereas I can truly say that I have no interest in whether Joe Bloggs is "making lasagne" or "bored"... :lol: I also HATE the way people can tag you in photos and plaster ghastly photos of you all over the internet without asking you first. :evil:

I was just wondering if I should set up a new login doodah as Bunnylump or not. Not, I hasten to add, that I would know how to do that... :?
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

Redfraggle
Glamorous Granny
Currently reading: 50 Shades of Grey

#7444 Post by Redfraggle » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 am

:D You can request a name change on there to use the same account or you can set up another one. But I dont want anyone to feel pressurised into using FB - i have a huge family so I use it for that. I probably have a bigger family than you all put together. So i like catching up with this stuff - you can block people's daily lives from your wall then you wouldnt see any of that. :D

strep98
One Hot Cherub
Currently reading: Moon Sister

#7445 Post by strep98 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 am

Bunnylump wrote:What I mean is that I'm perfectly happy to go on the PB one because I can see a point to doing that. :D Whereas I can truly say that I have no interest in whether Joe Bloggs is "making lasagne" or "bored"... :lol: I also HATE the way people can tag you in photos and plaster ghastly photos of you all over the internet without asking you first. :evil:
Know how you feel. I regret adding my son's girlfriend because now she is pregnant all we have to hear about is what she has eaten and how long before it makes a re-appearence! I haven't added my niece and hope she does try to add me as she is always "so depressed" at the ripe old age of 24, living at home with mummy and not a care in the world except what colour nail varnish to wear :twisted:
I don't have hot flushes. I have short holidays in the Tropics.
Women are Angels And when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to flyon a broomstick We are flexible like that.
A pesimist is only an optimist who knows more

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7446 Post by Bunnylump » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Round to my nephew's new house for lunch. Met the cupcake eating cat and my brother told us how he had made a bombay mix, wasabi nut and cereal flapjack... :shock:

kathlyn

#7447 Post by kathlyn » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:38 pm

I love wasabi peanuts, but would not recommend wasabi peas unless you want to break you teeth.

We've been to Parwich this afternoon looking at the open gardens and some friends had as art exhibition there too. Bit on the hilly side with gardens with lots of levels and steps.
We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7448 Post by Bunnylump » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:43 pm

When I say he'd made Bombay mix, wasabi nut, and cereal flapjacks I mean those were his ingredients for flapjack. Weird, truly weird. :roll: :lol:

and I know what you mean about wasabi peas. To be avoided unless you are Jaws from James Bond.

Snoopy

#7449 Post by Snoopy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:05 pm

....dodging the showers to lay down some bark in the garden. We came back from 2 months holiday to find a jungle rather than a garden. So we are attempting to sort it out when the weather allows.
Also found on FB that my daughter had only watered house plants 3 hours before we arrived home. Cactii ok but one plant totally gone :cry:

Cenwulf
The Complete Fool
Currently reading: Schott's Miscellanies

#7450 Post by Cenwulf » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Wulfruna wrote:if you read across the letters along the top line of the grid, it spelt out "COMPUTER" - and along the bottom line it said "LANGUAGE".
Sounds like something from the T2 crossword in The Times (one with straight clues and some general knowledge).
There seem to be a few different types of hidden treats in the T2 crossword. Sometimes the unchecked edges (top and bottom, or left and right) spell something, or are all the same letter. Other times there's something hidden in the long diagonals. On very rare occasions there has been a message right round the unchecked perimeter. One I call 'obligram' has one particular letter featuring in all the answers.
And when the puzzle numbers were the same as famous years there was something in the answers with a link to the relevant year, e.g. WALLACE and SIMPSON in No.1936, England footballers in 1966, CHAMBERLAIN in 1939. Puzzle No.2000 had all the answers containing the letter M twice. The first puzzle of 2000 had '20/20' as an answer, so the unchecked top line read I I 2 O O O.

The puzzle for Tuesday 19 June had the following across clues and answers:
8 Girl's name (7) - GILLIAN
9 Boy's name (5) - DAVID
22 The Life of --, film (5) - BRIAN
23 King beheaded in 1649 (7) - CHARLES
Which makes me wonder who set the puzzle in the first place... ;)
Unfortunately, the number of ways of doing something wrong far exceed the number of ways of doing it right. G. Kasparov

16000 - 30/03/2017

neves-ytnewt rebmun rebmem suomynona srelzzup

gill216
She who cannot be Thwarted
Currently reading: Nothing

#7451 Post by gill216 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Love it Mr C. :lol: Just wondering who Charles is though............
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#7452 Post by MBH » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 pm

I missed posting this one yesterday but we had Maisie along for the Great Greyhound Gathering at the riverside in Hexham. 81 dogs (plus more people) there and over 1000 in the organized walks around the country.

Drove through downpours to get there and arrived in lovely sunshine - the idea was half-hour out then turn to come back. 15 minutes out and it started tipping it down again :lol: So what, we're waterproof.

Nice crowd of people and good promotion for Northumberland Greyhound Rescue.

giraffe
Twigi

#7453 Post by giraffe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 pm

....up north. Drove up to Durham yesterday, only took three and a half hours including a quick stop at the services. Went for a wander to the cathedral and got rained on. Got rained on again later when we went for a walk round the town. We stayed overnight at St Cuthbert's college, and had a very good dinner and breakfast there. Various talks at the University, met an old friend! had lunch at St Chad's and managed to get a tour of two of the colleges. Had a quick look in the cathedral and drove home. A very interesting two days, and we got to see a lot more than we expected as we gatecrashed a talk and a college tour we weren't able to book, and found ourselves sat next to someone at lunch who is a second year at St Chad's and he offered us a private tour.

Wulfruna

#7454 Post by Wulfruna » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes, Durham is such a lovely place -even in the rain! Well worth visiting.

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#7455 Post by MBH » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Sounds like a productive trip :) Don't hold the rain against us - there was a bit of it about :lol:

Hope you enjoyed what you saw. I can't comment on universities but it is a lovley city.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7456 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 pm

...a FOUR HOUR driver speed awareness course. To tell me all the things I already knew, as my atonement for having obeyed the so**ing law. :evil: :evil: Oh, and it cost me £95 and was 20 miles away. Other than that, I've had a great day. :roll:

gill216

#7457 Post by gill216 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Why did you have to do that? Did it mean you kept a clean licence?

I've had one speeding fine +3 points just once in my life but wasn't offered an alternative. That was collecting fraggle from the airport . Guess what, she was delayed 3.5 hours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7458 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 pm

:lol: Oh, dear!!!

No, if I went on this course then I didn't get points on my licence - which is good because they load car insurance by 10% once you have points...

I'm just so irritated that I hadn't actually done anything wrong. :roll: I was advised by someone at work that challenging it wasn't a good idea. He tried it and ended up incurring more cost and still ended up with the points anyway.

gill216

#7459 Post by gill216 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

That happened to Colin with a parking fine. He was stood in the queue at the payment office with the paid ticket in his hand that hadn't yet expired.

"Nothing we can do sir" appeal against it, was the reply. He did. Because it took longer for the appeal than the length of time for the original notice to expire he ended up paying £50 instead of £25!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7460 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

It is SO unfair, isn't it?? :roll: