Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#7941 Post by LAT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Sounds good! You didn't go shopping in Harrods while you were in the vicinity then?

giraffe
Twigi

#7942 Post by giraffe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 pm

No I had to call at a music shop, (emergency supplies for Friday's audition) so we arranged to meet near Oxford street, then window shopped our way back to the RAH via lunch and afternoon tea.

kathlyn

#7943 Post by kathlyn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 pm

giraffe wrote:......to London and back. Got back at 2.15am :o (Yawning smiley) The concert was very good, K's school sang Somebody to Love, which was absolutely brilliant, and got the loudest applause of the night, and then sang with a Welsh deaf choir, and managed not to knock each other out with their signing. (I gather some of the rehearsals had a few near black eyes!) I've never been to the Royal Albert Hall before, so it was an experience just to be there, and I spent a nice afternoon in London with my sister and niece as it was my sisiter's birthday.
Was this anything to do with junior proms? If so you might like to have a look at Classic FM web site where there are lots of pictures.
We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!

giraffe
Twigi

#7944 Post by giraffe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Yes it was junior proms and I haven't seen the website, but heard there were some enthusiastic comments about their school choir. I must go and check what is on there. edit: she is on Wednesdays pictures 29, 33 and 34

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#7945 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 pm

:D Sounds like you had a good time, Giraffe!

I've been down to Poole again. One of D's bands were playing at the headteacher's conference again in the Haven Hotel at Sandbanks. We stayed at the Sandbanks hotel (the other partners were there too). So, posh meal, posh frocks, dancing etc. Then today we wanted to have a walk round to Studland (via the chain ferry) but the ferry was shut, so we walked along the seafront and then back over the cliffs.

I'm SHATTERED. :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

giraffe
Twigi

#7946 Post by giraffe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Me too, spent today walking round York, then drove through horrible traffic and worse weather to get to Birmingham, spent an hour and a half sat in the car waiting for K and then home through torrential rain.

LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

#7947 Post by LAT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 pm

That sounds miserable. And after your late night on Wednesday I'm not surprised you're tired.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7948 Post by Bunnylump » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm

...To Wiltshire again!! Been visiting the hippies in their boat at Great Bedwyn. Then out for a nice pub lunch at the Cross Keys and birthday cake for my niece, who is 9. Traffic was horrible coming home again though. :roll: I will be quite relieved to be remaining in Hemel Hempstead for the whole of next week!! :lol:

giraffe
Twigi

#7949 Post by giraffe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm

To Birmingham for a concert this afternoon. I fell asleep during one piece, but woke up in time for the symphony K was playing in! :roll:

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#7950 Post by MBH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 am

giraffe wrote:I fell asleep during one piece, but woke up in time for the symphony K was playing in! :roll:
Those damned nocturns :lol: (what do you mean "it was the 1812???)

Sounds like you had a nice drop of culture, and provided by your own talented daughter. :)

giraffe
Twigi

#7951 Post by giraffe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 am

It was Brandenberg Concerto No 5, and the Harpsichord was just too much for me! The Haydn symphony No 99 was lovely, but then I'm biased! :mrgreen:

supersleuth

#7952 Post by supersleuth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Giraffe, I have rarely known anyone get around as much as you are at the moment :shock:

But delighted that the music is all going so well.

giraffe
Twigi

#7953 Post by giraffe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm

It's most unlike me to go anywhere. I have a couple of weeks of blissful nothing in my diary now. So I'll be rushing round catching up on all the things I haven't done recently.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7954 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I know what you mean. My feet haven't touched the ground over the last few weeks. I'm now horrifically behind with everything. :roll:

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7955 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm just laughing at next door's irritating little dog. It barks ALL the time (when it can make itself heard above the noise of the 8 year old from hell). But I've got D upstairs in Dibble's old room DRUMMING. Sadly, now Dibble's left, there is no excuse for me to NOT allow the flaming drumkit to be left set up. :roll: Anyway, that is TOTALLY freaking the irritating dog out. And it's currently barking IN RHYTHM to the drum kit. :lol:

Give me STRENGTH!! Thank goodness I have a girl's night out planned so I can escape! :lol: :lol:

I've just driven from here (bright sunshine) to Watford, and couldn't believe my eyes. There was REALLY dense fog between the two towns, but it was only hovering to a height of about eight feet. Above that, sunny. I could see it as I drove down a hill, and it was most peculiar, like being sunk into a wad of cotton wool. Weird.

Laura

#7956 Post by Laura » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm confusing myself now trying to work out whether a dog barking in time to a drumkit is worse than a dog barking out of time with the drumkit. I'm really not sure. :?

giraffe
Twigi

#7957 Post by giraffe » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:18 pm

It would be worse for the drumming to happen and the dog start when the drumming stopped. You'd need earplugs for twice as long!

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#7958 Post by Bunnylump » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm starting to seriously consider the idea of a soundproofed summerhouse to move into. :lol: Hey, has anyone been watching that programme George Clarke's Amazing Spaces? Maybe I could have one of those Airstream trailers? Great for parties, complete with bar and dancing area... :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.arcairstreams.co.uk/blog/201 ... e-episode/ What do you reckon? :mrgreen:

strep98
One Hot Cherub
Currently reading: Moon Sister

#7959 Post by strep98 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:52 am

........ obtaining a Grandaughter Lexi-Leigh born at 12.01 am 24th November 5lb 10oz 3 weeks early.
I don't have hot flushes. I have short holidays in the Tropics.
Women are Angels And when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to flyon a broomstick We are flexible like that.
A pesimist is only an optimist who knows more

giraffe
Twigi

#7960 Post by giraffe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 am

Congratualtions! (Is that your first grandchild?)