Today I've mostly bin...

Chat about anything and everything under the sun.
Forum rules
Please don't discuss puzzles in here! Thank you.
LAT
Nagging Nora
Currently reading: Piranesi

Re: Today I've mostly bin...

#8441 Post by LAT » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:17 pm

And I bet there will hardly be a waking hour when you won't be wondering what she is up to. Have you added Beijing to your favourite places to check the weather forecast? :lol:

giraffe
Twigi

#8442 Post by giraffe » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:28 pm

My friend's 12 year old landed in Shanghai yesterday with the school choir.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott
Currently reading: Go Set a Watchman

#8443 Post by Bunnylump » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 pm

...Going for lunch with our friends to the pub by the canal for part of their 18 year old's birthday celebrations, followed by going to my friend Nick's for home made scones (that he made) for a cream tea, with Pimms in the garden. That's my kind of Sunday! :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8444 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 am

I've got men here taking out my windows today. We finally gave in trying to maintain the original 1937 wooden ones that have been there all this time, but which are now leaking. It's quite sad having to give in to the dreaded plastic, double glazed windows after all this time. Mind you, I've insisted on them putting in ones which are the same proportions and with the same moulding design as the originals. That's one way to spend a year's salary... :evil:

giraffe
Twigi

#8445 Post by giraffe » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:46 am

Trying to work out how to set up the new pages in google docs, because they don't seem to have been done yet. I have made a folder, but am a bit stumped on the copying the template bit. :roll:

edit: I think I'm making progress now! :geek:

edit 2: Can anyone see the docs, and do I need to do something extra to share them with Scurra?

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8446 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 am

Are there puzzles somewhere to do then? :? EDIT found them. Not that there is ever any point in me looking at these!!

maisie ladybird

#8447 Post by maisie ladybird » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 am

I think we might need you on 1D.Lists - it looks like your kind of thing, Bunny.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8448 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am

Can't do any more today, there is now a giant hole in the side of my living room... :lol:

MBH
King of the Swingers
Currently reading: 39 Clues series/Darksmith series/and....

#8449 Post by MBH » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 am

maisie ladybird wrote:I think we might need you on 1D.Lists - it looks like your kind of thing, Bunny.
Googledocs not working here on my computer bus :( 1D is the only one that even makes a hint of sense to me. If everyone's already flying through this then I'll shut up :lol: but the Ferryman started me thinking. [No idea about the numbers]

Hope your burrow is put right soon Bunny ;)

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8450 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 am

They'd solved it before I got back to it! :roll: I'm a bit worried about these predicted thunderstorms!!! :o

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8451 Post by Bunnylump » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Moment of drama earlier on today when window man's ladder slipped and he fell from the first floor onto our lawn... :o He SAID he was OK!! :? Not too sure the tiles at the front of the house are, however, where the ladder scraped down them as it fell..!

giraffe
Twigi

#8452 Post by giraffe » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Didn't he have someone holding the bottom? Our window cleaner says it's illegal for him to go up a ladder on his own. He now does it with a log pole and squirty thing.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8453 Post by Bunnylump » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Today's drama was having huge holes in the side of the house during a thunderstorm... :roll: The whole house AND garden is now in pandemonium. And I have just had another text to say that YET ANOTHER member of staff has got another job, so that's the 6th one who has left in the last three months. So I will have four new members of staff to deal with plus two "men" down in September. :evil: One of these days a. my boss will stop upsetting people, b. they'll realise that they need to PAY people enough to do the flipping job. :evil:

Wulfruna

#8454 Post by Wulfruna » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Just going back to the raspberries..... Ours were also small and scrappy when we starting picking last week -and quite a few of the side shoots just went brown and snapped off and died, which was frustrating. But we have been pouring water on them daily for the past week and this has certainly paid off in terms of the fruit swelling up - and I think the heat of the sun has helped to ripen them better. Mind you, we have yet to see the water bill..... :roll:
However, the blackcurrants and redcurrants have been absolutely laden with masses of huge fruits - the biggest harvest we have ever had (without extra water). They must have liked the wet spring! The freezer is getting pretty full now so I spent yesterday making lots of blackcurrant jam and jelly - not my choice of jobs on the hottest day of the year......

We also have friends whose son has just trotted off on a school trip to China - clearly this year's destination! I wonder if they'll all meet up on the Great Wall at the same time? :lol: :lol:

LAT
Nagging Nora

#8455 Post by LAT » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Now if only we'd known about all these people heading off to China. :lol:
Due to the ineptitude of K's school she got paid a large part of her salary too late to transfer it back to the UK so she ended up coming home with a lot of Chinese cash. We could have offered a very competitive exchange rate as she will obviously have to exchange at a lower rate than would be charged for converting currency the other way.

gill216
She who cannot be Thwarted
Currently reading: Nothing

#8456 Post by gill216 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Any Chinese money left unchanged? My son is heading out in September.

Re the raspberries again. I'm going home to see if mine have done anything yet. They hadn't a week ago. I've had a bumper crop of black & red currants, strawberries and gooseberries. I thought my tumbling tomato " bush" was going to come to nothing. Hundreds of flowers but no signs of any fruit. I found 2 this morning so maybe there is hope yet. My apple tree has very little fruit on it this year but I do have 6 plums on the previously unproductive plum tree. No pears as yet.

LAT
Nagging Nora

#8457 Post by LAT » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Oh yes! I've PMed you Gill.

Bunnylump
Granny Boingybott

#8458 Post by Bunnylump » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Trying (and failing) to buy some shorts. Silly me, fancy wanting to buy shorts when it's the middle of summer, there weren't any anywhere. :evil: So I've been creative, bought some cheap trousers from Tesco and lopped the bottom off. :lol: Window men have almost finished, but I've just spotted that one of the three panes of obscured glass in the bathroom is the wrong way round. That HAS to be dealt with, it'll drive me nuts otherwise! :roll: Anyway, we now have windows that OPEN and everything. :D :lol: AND we managed to convince my cat that yes, she could come through the new cat flap in the new kitchen door. It did take a considerable amount of bribery and corruption, however... :lol:

gill216
She who cannot be Thwarted
Currently reading: Nothing

#8459 Post by gill216 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Trying (and failing) to buy some shorts.
I had the same problem. Then I went to a car boot sale and got 3 pairs for 50p each and they are brand new and a perfect fit. Result :D

LAT
Nagging Nora

#8460 Post by LAT » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:46 am

........... at the Anniversary Games in the Olympic Stadium. I had two free tickets from Sainsbury's (from a scratch card handed out when I paid for my shopping a few weeks ago). And they even sent two one-day travelcards to help get us there. We got to see Usain Bolt win the 100 metres and many other events. :D
I'm hoping that some of the photos I took will have come out but I'm too tired now to download them as we've not been back long and I'm exhausted. :roll: